Quick and Easy Ways To Improve Your Dating Profile
With so many dating sites out there and millions of profiles to compete with how do you create a profile that makes you stand out from the crowd and get noticed? In a few easy steps, I will show you how to improve your profile and popularity as well as hopefully making you feel more confident about yourself along the way.
Part 1. Your Heading
Don’t be afraid to change your heading this will be the first line of information members will see about you and by changing this on a regular basis will attack a wider range of people to your profile. Now the part that stumps most people is what to write! there are a number of ways to come up with a good heading but that doesn’t include copying someone else’s idea remember a heading should be a drawing card to your profile page so try and be original and put a little of your personality and keep it simple You can attract the right kind of members by writing something that shows the real you include your interests and hobbies to capture their attention with a twist on a movie or book quote and if your very bold by nature a naughty styled short joke. Remember a heading should catch people’s eye but it should be honest and say something about what type of person you are and what you are looking for play around with it until it feels right.
Part 2. Your Description
Improve your success by writing a honest and detailed description about yourself and what you are looking for things in a partner but remember this is not a novel members don’t want to read your life history and always spell check before you post this to your profile this is your one space to really make an impression so make it count.
- Be honest there is no point in lying about what type of person you are to attract attention, in the end, you want someone who is interested in you, not a fictional character.
- Use at least half this space to talk about yourself don’t just write a never ending checklist of the qualities you are looking for in a partner this is the place where they get to know you and decide if you are someone they would like to get to know.
- Like a job interview try and turn your negatives into positives. If you’re not a fitness person write a little about the hobbies you do enjoy and if you work a lot mention how dedicated you are to your role and how what time you have is valued so spending it with someone will seem more important overall try and focus on things you are passionate about.
- Do write a little about what type of person you are looking for as well as what type of relationship you would be interested in so people reading your profile can see if they may potentially matching your requirements whatever you do don’t mention your ex or use them as a comparison.
Part 3. Photo’s and Images
As they say a picture is worth a thousand words this is especially true when it comes to online dating sites profiles with photos receive up to ten times more replies than profiles that don’t have photos some members will not even reply to a profile if it has not got a photo so here is a little advice on how to get it right.
- Smile and look straight at the camera it sounds simple and it is having a clear smiling profile picture will instantly make you seem more approachable and open if you need to practice in a mirror before you take the photo do not for any reason pull a duck face.
- Match your photos to your personality if you are into sports upload a photo of you participating in that sport if you’re an animal lover upload a photo of yourself with your pet if you have an interesting job and you can show that in some way.
- Change and update your profile photos regularly members who may have skipped your profile in the past may just not of liked your previous photo and may reconsider viewing your profile or responding to messages.
- Avoid uploading photos that are years out of date or make you look remarkably different to your current appearance this is not only deceitful but could end badly should you go on a date who was expecting you to look differently be honest to yourself and others and be proud of who you are.
Part 4. Changes and Updates
Life is ever-changing, personal situations change, appearance and locations can change in what seems like no time at all so keep an eye on your overall profile and update it if you feel the need to this will ensure you are only being contacted by members that may actually be interested in there is no point in wasting your time with an outdated profile.